Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Shampoo

3.3 5 0 66 66 This award-winning, protein-enriched color-enhancing shampoo tones down brassiness on blonde or gray hair.
Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Shampoo

14-06-2021
My #1 Purple Shampoo For 20+ Years
I've been using this shampoo for as long as I can remember, well over twenty plus years. It is my favourite for keeping the brassiness at bay on a weekly basis or as a treatment to help tone the brassiness caused by mhy well water.
12-06-2021
Love this product
I have tried other brands and never helped with my hair but when I heard about this one I decided to try it out and it's amazing helps maintain my blonde and refreshes my colour I recommend it
09-06-2021
Harsh on hair
It’s great for blonde hair but it’s also one of the harshest purple shampoos you can buy. Be careful, a friend of mine left it on for longer then the recommended time and it left purple splotches throughout her hair lol
03-06-2021
Good for blonde except it's drying
Good for up keep maintenance inbetween salon visits. However, use sparingly. Once to twice a week and that's it otherwise your hair will feed crunchy. Nobody wants crunchy hair.
01-06-2021
Definitely takes the brassyness out
I would sometimes put it on dry hair and cover with a bag and leave up to 45 min to one hour. I liked the super blonde look for a while. It would sometimes pick up on a tinge of purple/blue, but I kinda liked it!
28-05-2021
does not work that great
I like the smell but i don't like the product bc it does not work well on my hair it didn't do what it says for the brass hair
04-05-2021
Not a bad purchase
I’ve been getting my hair coloured for years, I recently got Ice blonde highlights; I tried the Silver Lights purple shampoo to combat brassiness, the product works but isn’t pigmented enough, I switched to Joico brand and my blonde is amazing.. if they would touch up the formula a bit it would be great..
16-04-2021
Loved it
This stuff is amazing! It’s perfect for those in between salon visits, and just toning out your hair. Is great for getting rid of brassiness and turns hair nice and ashy.would definitely tell my friends to use!
07-04-2021
Needs more pigment
Needs more purple pigment. When I first started my hairstyling career I thought this product was the best. It strips your fresh hair color, it dries out your hair, it has an unpleasant smell. Do not recommend. You can do better.
23-03-2021
It’s alright
It’s a purple shampoo - for work not for pleasure. It does a good job to keep the blond hair blond, when I had red strips, the red shampoo stayed on longer. So the brand know what they’re doing. However it doesn’t have the most pleasant smell and a bit too drying for me.
21-03-2021
Too drying
I found this very drying and needed a lot of conditioner. Not my favorite.
11-03-2021
Works great
This shampoo worked great in my bleached hair. It took the yellow out and worked wonders. I will say the smell took a minute to get used to but once I saw the results I fell in love with it. Make sure to use a good conditioner.
11-03-2021
Purple shampoo
Moderate - high colour deposit Drying on hair. Found applying to dry hair and using as a treatment rather than shampoo to be more effective and less damaging
10-03-2021
Gray Hair Revitalized!
Finally found a product that makes my gray hair soft and shiny. No more yellow tint!
06-03-2021
Just remember your conditioner
The thing is, yes this will dry your hair out, but all shampoos that I have tried geared toward lighting your blonde hair or eliminating those brassy tones are. If you have a good conditioner, this product will do what it claims to do. The scent, however, is something that can't be helped... unless your conditioner smells good too!